50g (2oz) Hampton Blue cheese, roughly chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
175g (6oz) mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced
225g (8oz) risotto (Arborio) rice
1pt vegetable stock
large handful rocket
Serve & Cook
Cooking time 30 minutes
1. Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes without browning.
2. Add mushrooms and rice, stir well together. Add hot stock and again stir well. Leave to simmer without a lid on for about 15 minutes, stirring and checking liquid quantity from time to time.
3. Add just a little more stock if it starts to absorb too quickly. Check rice is cooked, but has a very slight ‘bite’.
4. Add Hampton Blue cheese and stir. Served scattered with rocket leaves.
120g bistro salad leaves
150g new potatoes, cooked and sliced
4 free range eggs, hard boiled and halved
50g vine ripened tomato
50g baby rose bud beetroot
100g roasted sliced artichoke
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
150g roast beef, chopped
50g Hampton Blue cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
100g sour cream
50g Hampton Blue cheese
1 tsp chives, chopped
Serve & Cook
Prep time 30 minutes
1. Place the washed salad leaves in a dish. Layer with the new potatoes and the eggs, tomato, artichokes and beetroot. Finally, scatter over the beef chunks and crumbled Hampton Blue cheese.
2. For the dressing, place all the ingredients into a blender and mix for 30 seconds or until blended. Pour into a small side dish and leave to serve with the meal.